Gavalohori

It is a traditional village that took its name from the noble Byzantine family of Gavalades. The family took possession of the village when Crete was distributed to the 12 noblemen of Byzantine in 1182. In a distance of 500 meters from the village, many of the well-known Gavaliana wells are preserved. Gavalohori has a Folklore Museum and there is also a textile and embroidery Women' s Association.